Deputy Manager - Worcester - Care Home
RGN/RMN - Elderly Care - £17.50 per hour
A 30 bedded nursing and residential home in Worcester is searching for a Deputy Manager to join their professional and caring team who support residents with their routine throughout the day and night with privacy and dignity. The Deputy Manager will have supernumerary hours as well as carry out nursing shifts. They will work as a devoted member of the Management Team within the Home and support the Home Manager specifically taking the lead responsibility for Dementia, GSF, and staff training. They will be required to promote and encourage as much personal independence and choice as possible within the activities of daily living and ensure person centred care is given at all times by all of the nursing team.
A staff development programme operates and all staff are required to keep up-to-date with legislation changes and the Home's policies and procedures.
This medium sized nursing home requires you as the Deputy Manager to provide attentive and efficient care to elderly residents, some of whom are suffering from Dementia, Alzheimer's, Cancer Care, Colitis & Crohn's Disease, Epilepsy, Head/Brain Injury, Hearing Impairment, Huntington's Disease, Motor Neurone Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Neuropathic, Orthopaedic, Parkinson's Disease, Speech Impairment, Stroke, Visual Impairment.
The Deputy Manager will be part of the Home's Senior Management Team with a lead responsibility for the nursing rotas and the day to day running of care services. They will provide skilled expertise, which reflects current best practice, an excellence in care standards.
They will support the Deputy Manager to develop the Registered Nurse team to obtain and sustain the necessary clinical skills and underpinning knowledge to manage the needs of residents. They will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care of residents using evidence based practice. They will ensure a high standard of care service is provided for residents and will take charge of the Home in the absence of the Manager.
As the Deputy Manager you are offered -
* Up to £17.50 per hour dependent upon experience
* Ongoing Training and Development
What the Deputy Manager role requires of you -
* You will be responsible to our Home Manager and your duties will include:
* Leading the care team in caring for our residents.
* Taking charge of the home in the manager's absence, and dealing with any emergency situations, with support if necessary from the on-call manager.
* Administering medication and carrying out other nursing procedures.
* Developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care.
* Maintaining computerised care records.
* Supervise and teach care staff.
* Provide verbal information on the condition of residents at each handover, and to management and visiting health care professionals when required.
* Ensure that medications are ordered, stored and administered in accordance with the law, current guidelines and our internal procedures.
* Report and record all incidents and accidents arising in the home.
* Assisting care staff in providing personal care to our male and female residents, and attending to all aspects of their needs.
* Maintaining the dignity and privacy of residents and respecting their individual needs.
* Assisting with any other tasks as requested to ensure the smooth running of the home.
* Attending and participation in orientation, mandatory and other training as required.
* It will be an advantage if you have experience of working with the elderly, whether in a care home or hospital setting.
Apply now to take advantage of this opportunity to join a nursing home recognised for its quality of care and a team committed to the comfort of its residents.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy