Deputy Manager - Birmingham - Elderly Care Home
RGN - Elderly Care - £16.40 per hour
A fully CQC compliant nursing home situated in the Birmingham area is searching for a Deputy Manager to join their professional and caring senior management team who support residents with their routine throughout the day and night with privacy and dignity. We are looking for a dynamic, friendly and proactive candidate who will also be responsible for ensuring that good relationships are built and maintained with residents, families, staff and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
This large sized nursing home requires you as the Deputy Manager to provide attentive and efficient care to elderly residents, some of whom are suffering from Dementia, Sensory Impairment, Old Age and Physical Disability.
The Deputy Manager will be part of the Home's Senior Management Team with a lead responsibility for the nursing rotas and the day to day running of care services. They will provide skilled expertise, which reflects current best practice, an excellence in care standards. Using your clinical expertise and effective leadership skills, you will support the Home Manager in the day to day running of the home, ensuring it runs efficiently as possible whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality and compassionate care. There may be occasions when you will be responsible for administering prescribed medicines in accordance with procedures and NMC guidelines The role includes delivering clinical excellence in a professional manner through direct Nursing care whilst effectively leading and supervising a multi-disciplinary team.
The Deputy Manager will support the Home Manager to develop the Registered Nurse team to obtain and sustain the necessary clinical skills and underpinning knowledge to manage the needs of residents. They will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care of residents using evidence based practice. They will ensure a high standard of care service is provided for residents and will take charge of the Home in the absence of the Manager.
As the Deputy Manager you are offered -
* Up to £16.40 per hour dependent upon experience
* Pension Scheme
* Training and Development Programme
What the Deputy Manager role requires of you -
* You will be responsible to our Nurse Manager and your duties will include:
* Leading the care team in caring for our residents.
* Taking charge of the home in the manager's absence, and dealing with any emergency situations, with support if necessary from the on-call manager.
* Administering medication and carrying out other nursing procedures.
* Developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care.
* Maintaining computerised care records.
* Supervise and teach care staff.
* Provide verbal information on the condition of residents at each handover, and to management and visiting health care professionals when required.
* Ensure that medications are ordered, stored and administered in accordance with the law, current guidelines and our internal procedures.
* Report and record all incidents and accidents arising in the home.
* Assisting care staff in providing personal care to our male and female residents, and attending to all aspects of their needs.
* Maintaining the dignity and privacy of residents and respecting their individual needs.
* Assisting with any other tasks as requested to ensure the smooth running of the home.
* Attending and participation in orientation, mandatory and other training as required.
* It will be an advantage if you have experience of working with the elderly, whether in a care home or hospital setting.
Apply now to take advantage of this opportunity to join a nursing home recognised for its quality of care and a team committed to the comfort of its residents.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy